Important Update: Important new updates to support Android changes and a buzzing new brand for Bee!
Due to changes comping to the Android operating system in April 2019, we have been busy (bees!) completing work behinds the scenes to update our Bee app to make sure it works seamlessly with Android devices after the changes are implemented.
As a result, we are pleased to announce that Bee version 3.6.4 will be released on Wednesday 23 January 2019.
This release also includes a couple of bug fixes and a new fresh look to Bee with new branding and a new app logo!
If your staff do not update to Bee version 3.6.4 by April 2019, your staff may no longer receive notifications about Bee on their device.
For further information regarding this release, please contact your account manager.
In summary version 3.6.4 of Bee will include:
- Behind The Scenes Updates: These updates support upcoming changes to the Android platform.
- A Fresh New Look: We have updated the branding and logo for Bee.
- General Fixes: A couple of bugs have been addressed.
Behind The Scenes
As of April 2019, technical changes come into force that will affect the way that notifications are received on Android devices. With regards to Bee, these notifications include things such as receiving messages or visit enquiries.
To support this coming change, we have made some behind the scenes tweaks to Bee – but be reassured that there are no functional changes at all and users shouldn’t notice any difference.
Please Note: If a user does not upgrade to Bee version 3.6.4 before April 2019, we cannot guarantee that their device will continue to receive notifications from Bee.
Fresh New Look
Bee has a buzzing new brand and logo that is more in line with its name and to support some exciting new developments coming in 2019. We hope you like the new look! Take a look around and let us know what you think.
A few bugs in Bee have been found and addressed:
- The ability to see the location of an enquiry in map applications has been restored.
- The menu Inbox link is now correctly disabled if Bee Messaging is turned off.
- We have resolved a rare issue where a check in/out could be sent to Webroster.net as an incorrect client.
- ‘Default Scan Mode’ will now be correctly read for Client ID and Telephone options.
If you experience any issues following the release of version 3.6.4 of Bee, please do not hesitate to contact the Webroster Customer Support Team. We are available from 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Phone: 01733 516 030