Introducing the new Document Manager
Webroster.net version 3.8.0 brought new and improved features and functionality to our software. As a result, we were able to completely revamp Document Manager, our module that allows you to store documents securely within Webroster.net.
The revamp has made Document Manager more intuitive and easy-to-use whilst also introducing a new user interface, which ensures consistency with the rest of Webroster.net.
To celebrate these improvements, we are giving all Webroster customers access to the new Document Manager with 1GB of basic storage for free.
To activate your free storage allowance, please contact your account manager or the Webroster Customer Support Team on 01733 311599.
For current Document Manager users
It is essential that you make some updates to ensure your Webroster.net users still have the correct level of access to Document Manager. Please refer to the instructions here.
We have scheduled the migration of current Document Manager customers to the new version of the module at times when usage is at its lowest to minimise any disruption. Customers will receive the update to the new Document Manager in three batches throughout from 8PM on the following dates:
- Thursday 11 January 2018
- Monday 15 January 2018
- Wednesday 17 January 2018
When you are due to be migrated, the old Document Manager could be unavailable for up to four hours.
If you are currently a Document Manager customer, we will notify you of which batch you are due to be in for the migration to the new version of the module. Please check your emails for the notification. If you do not receive an email or have any further questions, please call 01733 311 599.
Current Document Manager customers will receive the 1GB of free storage in addition to their current storage allowance. For example, if you currently have 2GB of storage, once you activate your free storage you will have 3GB of storage.
For customers who do not currently have Document Manager
If you do not currently have access to Document Manager, you will also receive access to the newly updated version of the module. Please see below for further information on how to set up Document Manager access for your Webroster.net users.
About Document Manager:
The Webroster.net Document Manager module allows you to store documents within Webroster.net.
With Document Manager you can upload documents to a specific area within Webroster.net, where other Webroster.net users can retrieve and manipulate those documents based on their access rights.
- Request signatures from individuals to confirm documents have been read and understood.
- Track and control changes to documents to provide accountability.
- All documents are saved in the cloud, so users with the right required rights can access them anytime, anywhere via the Internet.
- When using Document Manager, all files are transferred using https; ensuring all file transfers are secure.
- Company file cabinets can be set up to group files together.
There is additional information available via the Webroster Resource Centre on how to use the module too, which you can access here.
Setting up Document Manager access for Webroster.net version 3.8.0
To set up user access to the Webroster.net version 3.8.0 Document Manager you need to configure your Group permissions in Webroster.net.
To do this, begin by navigating to the Setup tab in Webroster.net. From there, select Groups from Setup Menu Options to the left-hand side of the screen. Select the group that you want to provide with Document Manager access.
Select the Privilege Category as ‘Document Management’. Decide the permissions that members of this group will have and tick those that apply for their Document Manager access.
There is a hierarchy to the options for each privilege: to be able to modify you must be able to view; to create you must be able to modify, and to delete you must be able to create.
Click save to add the changes to this Group or cancel to quit without saving.
How to use Groups in Webroster.net
Groups dictate how Webroster.net users can interact with various system options and which areas they are able to access. Each user can only be in one group.
How to navigate to and manage Groups
Go to Setup in the top navigation bar. From there, select Groups from the ‘Setup Menu Options’ drop down list to the left-hand side.
- New Group: Click this green button to add a new group.
- Group Name: Enter a suitable group name for the new group.
- Privilege Category: Select which Privilege Category you want to provide the new Group with access to. Each Privilege Category can have its operations configured against its own list of specific system areas.
- Access Rights: Select from the options to apply to the associated privilege to the Group. For example, ticking the ‘View’ box for the ‘Documents’ option in the ‘Document Management’ Privilege Category will allow the Group to only view the documents stored in the Webroster.net module.
- There is a hierarchy attached to the access rights. If you place a tick in:
Delete – A tick will be placed automatically (upon saving) against view, modify and create.
Create – A tick will be placed automatically (upon saving) against view only.
Modify – A tick will be placed automatically (upon saving) against view only.
If you require the group to have access to create and modify, you will need to tick these separately. Access Rights lists all the areas associated to the Privilege Category displayed.
- Duplicate: Alternatively, when creating a new Group you can duplicate another Group but give it a different name. The result is that the new Group will have all the same privileges. You can duplicate a group by selecting the chosen group and clicking ‘Duplicate’ next to Group Name.
Click Save Changes.
If you have any questions about this update, please do not hesitate to contact the Webroster Customer Support Team. We are available from 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Phone: 01733 516 030