HTTPS FOR BEE
Following our commitment to security, on Tuesday 29 May 2018 we will no longer support unsecure connections to Webroster.net via Bee. Unsecure connections will be refused and Bee will not function.
How to identify if Bee users need to make changes
You can identify whether your Bee users need to make changes by asking them to look at the Webroster Server setting in the Settings page of Bee.
If the address reads http://mywebroster.com then the user will need to follow the steps below.
If the address reads https://mywebroster.com (note the ‘S’ in ‘https’) then no further action is required.
https denotes secure, whilst http denotes unsecure.
We recommend your Bee users change their Webroster Server address before Tuesday 29 May 2018.
Step-by-step: How to change to https in Bee
Bee users can change the Webroster Server address by following the below steps:
1. Go to the full login page of Bee (if a four digit PIN is enabled for accessing Bee, select ‘Go to the full sign in page’ underneath the PIN entry field to access to full login page)
2. Tap the padlock in the top right corner
3. A message will appear saying the server URL field has been unlocked. Select ‘OK’
4. Select the server URL field and type the following address https://www.mywebroster.com
5. Enter all other details as normal
6. If successfully entered, you should be logged back into Bee and exchanging data securely
Please ensure you have communicated this information to your Bee users. If you have any questions, please get in touch with the Webroster Customer Support Team via email@example.com or call 01733 516030